Sunday, December 14, 2008

Adelia Takes Flight - now with balloons!

This is the second version of this painting. It was a pain (!) to take out the balloons from the other drawing.

I also went a little nuts trying to figure out the color for the balloons. If you know Adelia, you know she has a little red balloon - so the original colors I laid in were of this massive blob of bright red. And, because there's no red anywhere else in the picture (somehow the picture ended up being overwhelmingly violet...I guess I blame the crayon...) it just stood out and took over the composition. Anyhow - I ended up choosing a million colors before settling on this pinkish purple. I quite like how it turned out.

The only thing I don't like about the other composition was how I had to enclose the frame. I liked the idea of the balloons extended off the page.

Photobucket
And, if you notice - I added the faces back into the little clouds. I liked them in this one because it made the smoke coming out of the back of the crayon less urgent. I wanted it to look like more of a casual ride where the balloons are taking the crayon for a stroll. Or something...

1 comment:

Chris Kennett said...

Nice illustration, I think the baloons definately make this a more dynamic image. Thanks for stopping by too.

 
Free Hit Counter