Friday, May 21, 2010

IF: Early Dog gets the honey

I've been working on this illustration for a couple of weeks now - originally I had walked across a bridge swarming with bees.  It just so happened to coincide with Illustration Friday's "Fearless" topic.  That got me to doodle my little dog character swatting at a bee hive - which, to me, is pretty fearless.  The next week (if you follow Illustration Friday as avidly as I do...which means, once a week...) then you saw that the topic was "equipment" and that almost made me cloth the dog character in a full bee farmer outfit (are they called bee farmers?).  Anyhow - this week's topic of early led me to the title of this piece:

The Early Dog Gets the Honey...

or stung.  It really could be that the early dog just gets stung.  Bees suck.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Very cute, my own dog used to get stung regularly but never learned to stay away from bees. Your dog is cuter though ^-^

Tammie Lee said...

oh my, careful little one.
I loved reading your process, I can see how a piece has endless possibilities!

 
Free Hit Counter