Friday, August 07, 2009

IF: Impatient - onna bed

I've been working on this piece for about two weeks now - and I'm very impatient about getting it done and getting it online. I already posted my thumbnail and cleanup version of it - what I have here is my first color pass...

Photobucket

I thought about this piece during the Illustration Friday week of Idle. It seemed like the perfect weekend afternoon...lying on one's bed bopping out to your favorite tunes. The bit I haven't finished is the sun coming in the window - I'm struggling to figure out if I want to see the sun, or if there should be a cloud or a tree or a cloud AND a tree or what. The thing I do know is that I do not want the sun shining directly on the character....now I know animals like lying in the sun as it comes through a window - but I hates it! I could see sitting on a heating vent in the winter, but lying in the sun, in my opinion, is miserable. That's why I decided my panda character wouldn't like it either.

This picture, I guess, is showing the opposite of impatience...so try and ignore that aspect if it... I'm almost finished coloring, and I couldn't wait to put it up...

4 comments:

Connie said...

Can you suggest that it is very hot outside and it is cool inside? This is what I am thinking on a very hot day!

Cindo said...

How adorable!

Kay Aker said...

Ha! Great!

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

 
Free Hit Counter