Thursday, November 18, 2010

Squaremania - lil' panda in a big frog hat

I wanted to draw the panda as a little baby panda and make him as cute as I possibly could.  The previous illustration had him looking up at his parents, and while that was very cute, I thought I could do better.

I found a picture online of a kitten in a frog hat and it reminded me of a few drawings I did last year with my squaremania characters where I was trying to dress them up in several different costumes.  One was a box of candy, one had a rabbit hat and the Panda, because of his ears, had a froggy hat (to make it sound cuter, you have to add a y at the end).  So, while it's not the most original idea (that would be a little dog in a cactus costume)...it's still ridiculously cute - and my frog hat is better than their frog hat.

Here's the diaper version:

and then I thought it would be cuter if his eyes were closed and his tongue was out:

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter