Monday, November 06, 2006

My Penguin Virgin

So - this is my final painting for the Virgin Show (www.myspace.com/thevirginshow). It was cleaned up in pencil and then watercolored using Dr Martin Watercolor dyes (which is all I ever use for my watercolors...). The colors came out quite a bit more vibrant than I expected...I tried to do a lot of detail for the penguin character to make up for the lack of color in the snow. I did the minimum of color in the snow to try to make it look as much like a blanket of freshly fallen snow as possible. I put it up in the gallery for $250. I also changed the title which follows under the picture.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Walking through freshly fallen snow (or - How I cured my raging atheletes foot)
Pencil and Watercolor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$250? That's a steal! Seriously, I'd steal it if someone paid me $250.


-Samuel (anonymous because I don't want to log in)

 
Free Hit Counter