Thursday, October 15, 2015

'Lil Gir

Gir was one of my favorite cartoon characters of all time.  I was just ending my internship at Nickelodeon and there was this pale guy in a trench coat stalking the halls.  Turns out it was Jhonen Vasquez, an independent comic book artist who was in the process of creating Invader Zim.

If I had known that I was working in the same building as the people who created such an amazing show, I would have been stalking them for days!  But instead I gave him room and made with the shifty eyes.

In any case - the designs, the story, the jokes - everything is near perfect, and it's sad that Invader Zim only went 2 seasons.

I thought it would be fun to try and do a version of Gir as a Fairly Odd Parents character.  Here is my version.


No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter