Saturday, January 01, 2011

Microstock report for December 2010

This is our microstock report for December, 2010.
Shutterstock led the way again.  It was the first time in a while where it came down to the last couple of days whether or not we would cross $100 for the month.  But then two ODs were sold on the 29th (ODs are worth $2.70 each)...and all was right.

It's been the same story as the last few months - we haven't had time to upload many, if any, images for the stock sites - and so our numbers are slowly going down.  We uploaded a couple more images this month, but they were really a combination of older vector illustrations.

Veer has our smallest portfolio (only 2 downloads this month, but each was worth $7.00) - but only because 20 images were turned down this summer due to open shapes and I haven't wanted to spend the time uploading them again.  Cory Thoman, who got me into selling stock illustrations, has recently signed up with a couple of newer agencies, so I'm probably going to sign up with them as well...but only if I can find the time.

If you see the rest of my blog, I've been working on my proprietary projects, so making generic illustrations hasn't been a priority...

But maybe in the new year - I've missed watching an illustration take off and sell like booze and hotpants.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter