Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IF: Launch - Angry Birds: Adelia the Adelie Penguin edition...

I drew this over the weekend for Illustration Friday's Launch...and I liked it enough to finish it up.  I cleaned it up in Illustrator and colored it in Photoshop.

I've been addicted to Angry Birds since Thanksgiving - I'm currently trying to get 3 stars on all the levels (I have one left!)...and then I'll move on to Angry Birds Rio (my wife is already half way through).
When I thought of Launch I immediately thought of the slingshot launching birds at little green pigs.  I didn't want to just draw the game, but have one of my characters get in on the action.  I created Adelia back in 2006 and I recently brought her back (which just means I started drawing her again)...so little Adelia the Adelie Penguin is getting in on the pig popping action.  I like to think that Adelia would be one of the little blue birds that work best on breaking the ice blocks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's perfect... funny too. I don't play angry birds, but my kids play tiny wings on my phone all the time

Rabbit Town Art said...

hehehehe! Great idea! Hope the lil guy lands somewhere soft

Nancy S. Miller Illustration said...

Great humor in this illustration.

 
Free Hit Counter