Sunday, May 10, 2009

Illustration Friday: Parade

I have a small gallery show coming up in July...so I've been trying to push myself to create some killer pieces for this show.

This is the first one - and I have Illustration Friday to thank for it...when I think of a parade, it always has to have a band playing. Nobody really likes the band parts, but they're quite the parade staple. My first new illustration for my gallery will be this one...

I started with several thumbnails


and scanned it into Adobe Illustrator. From there I cleaned up the rough lines and added a little bit of perspective lines to help out. Then I lightened the lines and printed it out so I could do some revisions and add a bunch of detail.

Photobucket

Anyhow - this is what I have so far, I'm about to clean this up in Illustrator - and I'll print it out and revise it - and then it'll be ready for color. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to finish it this week...
 
Free Hit Counter