Sunday, May 10, 2009

Illustration Friday: Parade

I have a small gallery show coming up in July...so I've been trying to push myself to create some killer pieces for this show.

This is the first one - and I have Illustration Friday to thank for it...when I think of a parade, it always has to have a band playing. Nobody really likes the band parts, but they're quite the parade staple. My first new illustration for my gallery will be this one...

I started with several thumbnails


and scanned it into Adobe Illustrator. From there I cleaned up the rough lines and added a little bit of perspective lines to help out. Then I lightened the lines and printed it out so I could do some revisions and add a bunch of detail.

Photobucket

Anyhow - this is what I have so far, I'm about to clean this up in Illustrator - and I'll print it out and revise it - and then it'll be ready for color. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to finish it this week...

5 comments:

Anish Daolagupu said...

ooh... looks nice... waiting to see the finished illustration...best of luck for the show... :D

MagicMarkingsArt said...

wow ~ what a great process ~ very cool display of your work.

Shirley said...

can't wait to see the finished piece. Wonderful process to see...thank you for sharing this!

Justin Ridge said...

Good luck on finishing for the show! Can't wait to see the finished pieces!

lil kim said...

great sketch! look forward to seeing the finished piece. good luck for your show!

 
Free Hit Counter