Friday, January 26, 2007

Adelia: in bed - the color comp

I'm currently developing a series of paintings, hopeful to turn them into a book. They follow the adventures of little Adelia and her balloon. It's really due to the suggestion of Tracey that this is taking place (so thank/blame her). I had originally done Adelia as a big, fat penguin and my original intention was to place her in compromising positions meant for smaller bird (that could fly). My two original paintings with her had her standing on a tree branch and falling off.
The only thing is - the more I drew her, the more she changed from a turd of a penguin to a cute child like penguin. Meantime I did a second painting with my chinstrap character, only this time I imagined him as a fatty (I felt it added a lot to the painting to have this cute fat chinstrap penguin holding a balloon)...Tracey suggested I merge the two story ideas together and this is the first of many more to come.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
color comp of Adelia with Balloon

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter